Reaching the right audience is easier than ever with programmatic ads. By layering intent data into your programmatic strategy you can better identify your best audience and focus on the prospects that matter most.
Intent data fuels programmatic ads success
B2B marketers like you must first discover where the eyeballs are before you can deliver any message. To know where to dive in and which audience bases to target, many brands turn to intent data.
Intent data is helpful here because it looks at online activity for spikes around topics related to your business and the products or solutions you’re selling. With this information, you can know who is actively in-market and can use this information to determine when to target them.
A combined solution of programmatic marketing and intent data gives you the result you’re looking for. Here’s what intent does to expand programmatic ad revenue growth.
Generate quality leads with B2B purchase intent:
Design your marketing campaigns to address the needs of your target audience. Easier said than done, but with intent intelligence, you reduce additional costs as you don’t waste resources on irrelevant impressions. Intent-based branding improves programmatic ad revenue generation by reaching out to leads having high chances of conversions.
As a marketer, you have access to two primary data touchpoints in the pre-purchase, purchase, and post-purchase stages:
- Internal data: This comes from things like tracking the website engagements on your site, email interactions, and campaign performance.
- External data: You get external intent data from users’ online behavior on external platforms like social media channels and browsing history.
Intent data gives you insights into how your target audience segments behave and interact on external platforms such as online searches, reading product reviews before purchase, and visiting competitors’ websites.
Once you know which audience segment is in market you can focus your efforts on them to make the biggest impact.
Send effective campaigns with intent-based targeting:
The competition to grab users’ attention gets fiercer with every passing day. When B2B marketers need to optimize ad spend and extract better ROI from multi-channel campaigns, they turn to intent-based targeting.
The attention-worthiness of marketing campaigns depends on two factors primarily: how you serve your ads and the ad content. Intent-based targeting boosts higher ad recall lift, as compared to ordinary demographic targeting. This method not only makes your campaigns more effective, but also builds brand awareness.
Reduce additional costs with better messaging:
The main objective for adding intent signals to programmatic ads is to communicate better with personalized messages to specific target audience segments. Looking back at intent data and understanding the market is crucial to feed content built around clear value propositions and responsive engagement tactics.
Since you know what your ideal customers are searching for online, you have a better understanding into their pain points and needs. Knowing these things about your prospects allows you to tailor your ad messaging and your content around what they care about to encourage engagement.
Supercharge your programmatic ads
Follow these four points for higher programmatic ad revenue:
- Use the preferred ad formats: If demand is highest for video ads, should you design more display banners? The answer is simple. Stick with what works and keep serving your audience video ads. Knowing what your buyers want and delivering it to them helps ensure they’ll be more likely to engage.
- Manage audience data: You can work on improving user experience with audience data analysis. Once you have the answer to “who are my users, and what do they want?” it’s easier to address their pain points and grab their attention. Intent data is key to truly understanding your future customers.
- Campaign optimization: Monitor ad performance to be always informed about campaign performance. A major benefit to programmatic is that you can continually monitor performance and optimize at any time. If you notice that your metrics are going downhill, you can act fast and implement accurate measures. Intent data can offer guidance about what’s working and what’s not.
- Practice user privacy: Brands must abide by regulations and guidelines to secure user data privacy. For cookie-based targeting, you must let users know how their data will be used once they accept the cookies. Once cookies fade away, marketers must find other ways to reach prospects while respecting privacy. At Anteriad, we don’t depend on cookies for our audience data; instead, we use identity resolution to identify your audience.
Infuse intent into programmatic ads strategy
Adding intent data into your programmatic ad strategy is a way to level up your programmatic ad targeting and better reach customers who are in-market for your products or services. Finding the right programmatic partner is important. Consider partnering with a data provider who also runs programmatic to make sure you can streamline infusing your intent data into your programmatic campaign and any other tactics in your integrated campaign.
Choosing the right partner
Choosing the right programmatic partner is no small task. But don’t stress, we’ve put together a blog post walking you through the most important things to consider when choosing a programmatic partner.